How many times have you come across marketing list sellers who fail to deliver user information that is really fresh? It’s hard to tell when you have just bought the list with a few thousand dollars. Only after a day or two and some friction between telemarketers and the management, will you realize your mistake. It’s become so frequent nowadays, that stories like that are simply getting boring!
But what’s even sadder is that no one is talking about buying technology marketing databases the right way.
We can help you with that.
Here’s what you should be looking into while selecting a list company –
- Make sure they sell leads, not lists
- What’s been their rate of consistency (at least over the last 2-3 years)?
- What is the total size of their marketing database?
- Is the verification done on a regular basis?
- What is the data procurement process?
- Does data procurement cover all major channels?
- Is there value addition through research or similar activities?
Getting a No for any of these questions should be a signal for you to take a step back. Because it’s been tried and tested! Nothing that’s been sold at a higher price than its real value can be trusted again. Moreover, always make sure that you are being sold leads that have not been sold to your competitors!